Ok, guys. It has been awhile since I’ve posted. Christmas has come and gone and there is probably a good foot and a half of snow in my backyard…which makes me want to be warm. What better way to warm up than with a yummy soup. This recipe I found on Allrecipe.com. As you know I had to make a couple modifications to make it healthier. Here is my version:
- 2 Tablespoons organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 organic onion, diced
- 2/3 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup organic orange juice (about 2 oranges in juicer)
- 1 organic stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 organic carrot, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups organic chicken broth, divided
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger juice (grate root on a medium cheese grater and squeeze the juice out of the grated root)
- In a pot over medium heat, cook onions in oil until softened. Stir in lentils, orange juice , celery, carrot, bay leaf, thyme, ginger juice, pepper and half the chicken broth and simmer 40 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Puree in a blender or food processor. Return to the pot, stir in remaining chicken broth and heat through.
Makes about 4 servings. I paired it with organic sourdough bread. Oh My! It was so yummy! Sharing it makes me want to go make more. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.